Dine Around & Stay in Town new dates!!
January 24 – February 10, 2019
Dine Around Gala Launch Thursday, January 24
Destination Greater Victoria and the BC Restaurant and Food Services Association (BCRFA), Victoria Branch, are once again teaming up to organize the popular Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria event. Dine Around & Stay in Town is Victoria’s favourite food festival. Over 50 of Victoria’s best restaurants offer set three-course menus at deliciously low prices. Both locals and visitors alike delight in the wide range of culinary experiences and host of world-class accommodations to be had in the Greater Victoria area.
2019 EVENT DATES: JANUARY 25 – FEBRUARY 10, 2019
Gala Launch will be held at the Victoria Conference Centre on Thursday, January 24
Registration opens September 17, 2018
- All registrations will be completed by clicking (HERE) Helen to provide link http://bcrfa.memberzone.com/events/details/dine-around-and-stay-in-town-victoria-2019-160
- Accommodations register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration must be completed no later than October 31, 2018 in order to benefit from all mentions in our advertising campaigns
- If you have any questions about registration or event details please contact Event Consultant, Helen Welch, at email@example.com
Restaurant Participant Details:
- Restaurants will offer three-course menus costing $20, $30, $40, or $50 per person
- Restaurants no longer pay a fee to participate. All restaurants will participate at the Gala Launch, Victoria’s largest annual food festival. This is great way to promote your restaurant and is an opportunity to showcase menu samples (see participant guidelines on page 3)
- All courses must be paired with BC VQA wine and/or BC Craft Brewer product. All menus must have at least one beer pairing and one wine pairing.
- All menus must consist of three-course meal, one of which may be dessert
- The Dine Around & Stay in Town organizing committee will issue $75 in gift certificates (3x $25) for your restaurant redeemable for dinner and valid from January 24 – December 31, 2019
(gift certificates are used for promotional purposes)
- Menus to be submitted as PDF’s with final format and layout complete. If changes need to be made the menu will be sent back to you to edit.
- Menus will be listed on the Dine Around & Stay in Town website with links to menus that you have supplied before November 15, 2018
Accommodation Participation Details
- Registration fee $149
- Accommodation partners will offer a rate of $109, $129, $149, $169 or $229
- Rates should be available from January 20 – February 10
- Destination Greater Victoria will link your Dine Around & Stay in Town room rate through their website booking platform. Landing page URL’s must be received by November 1, 2018.
- Accommodation participants must provide a gift certificate for one night’s accommodation valid until December 31, 2019. Mail gift certificate to Destination Greater Victoria, Suite 200-737 Yates Street, Victoria B.C. V8W 1L6 (Attention: Brenda Knapik)
- Accommodation partners will communicate program details to front line staff and establish a Dine Around & Stay in Town specific room booking code to be used for both online and phone reservations. Booking code to be used for post-event reporting purposes.
Dine Around Gala Launch
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 at the Victoria Conference Centre
Setup from 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Load in and out times to be assigned (full details to be received after registration)
- The Gala will open to the public from 5:00pm – 7:30pm
- In addition to purchased ticketholders, we will have invited guests including media, government representatives and other VIP’s
- The Gala will be limited to 60 restaurants
- We anticipate a total of 700 guests throughout the event so please plan your menus accordingly
- All Chefs will have to pre-register with details of what they are serving so we limit possible duplications (see registration contact details)
- During Dine Around & Stay in Town event dates you have the opportunity to offer a special event that we will post to the Destination Greater Victoria’s website. Host a wine maker’s dinner, a special craft brew pairing, special brunch or feature a product unique to your establishment.
Key Date Summary:
|2019 Key Dates|
|Gala Launch Event||January 24, 2019|
|Dine Around & Stay in Town||January 24 – February 10, 2019|
|2018 Key Deadlines|
|Registration opens||September 16th|
|Gala tickets on sale||September 16th|
|Participant registration deadline||October 31st|
|Menu submission deadline||November 15th|
|Website goes live||November 30th|