Dine Around & Stay in Town new dates!!
January 19 – February 4
Gala Launch Friday, January 12
Tourism Victoria and the BC Restaurant & Foodservices Association (BCRFA), Victoria Branch, are once again teaming up to organize the popular Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria event.
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW DATES ONE MONTH EARLIER THAN PREVIOUS YEARS
- Based on feedback from participants we are moving the dates to January 19 – February 4
- Once again every restaurant participating in Dine Around will participate in the Gala Launch Event- this is a great way to promote your restaurant and is an opportunity not to be missed
- All courses must be paired with BC VQA wines and BC Craft Brewers Guild beer
- All menus must consist of a three course meal, one of which may be dessert
- There is no longer a registration fee to participate in Dine Around and Stay in Town, Accommodation participants will pay a fee of $149
- Once again we will issue $75 in gift certificates to be redeemed at each restaurant
- Please submit your menus as PDF’s with final format and layout complete. If changes need to be made we will send them back to you to edit
- Participating accommodation partners will offer a rate of $89, $109, $129, $149 and $169.
- Restaurants will offer three course menus costing $20, $30, $40 or $50 per person
- Accommodations offer special room rates of $89, $109, $129, $149 or $169
- The event will kick off with the Gala Launch which will feature all restaurants participating in Dine Around 2017. The launch will be heldon Friday January 12, 2018 at the Victoria Conference Centre
- Friday, January 12th, 2018 at the Victoria Conference Centre, Setup from 2:30pm – 5pm, Load in and out times will be assigned
- The Gala Launch will be open to the public from 5pm-730pm
- In addition to purchased ticketholders, we will have invited guests including media, government representatives and other VIP’s
- The launch will be limited to 60 restaurants
- We anticipate a total of 700 guests throughout the event so please plan your menus accordingly
- All chefs will have to pre-register with details of what they are serving so we limit possible duplications
How to Register
Restaurants: All registrations will be completed by clicking HERE
(Registration opens September 12, 2017)
Accommodations: Register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration must be completed by Sunday, October 15, 2017 in order to benefit from all mentions in our advertising campaigns.
- Menus will be listed on the Dine Around & Stay in Town website with links to a menu that you must supply before November 15th 2017
- All courses must be paired with a VQA wine and/or a BC Craft Brewery product , all menus must have a least one beer pairing and one wine pairing
- Please submit your menu in a PDF document with all final format and layout complete -we will post as is to the website
- Menus will be live on the website by November 30, 2017
- Each restaurant will have $75 in gift certificates issued on their behalf to be redeemed at your establishment and will be valid until December 31, 2017
- Tourism Victoria will link your Dine Around & Stay in Town rate through Jack Rabbit to your website, please provide a URL by November 15, 2017
- Your rates will be live on the website once we have received your gift certificates and your registration fee of $149 is paid in full.
- All participating restaurants must be a member in good standing of both Tourism Victoria and the BCRFA. For Tourism Victoria membership inquiries contact Heidi Mount at 250-414-6999. For BCRFA membership inquiries please contact Sherri Barkoff at 604-669-2239.
- The Dine Around & Stay in Town Organizing committee will issue $75 in gift certificates (3 x $25) for your restaurant redeemable for dinner and valid from January 19 – December 31, 2018. Gift certificates for the Dine Around & Stay in Town are used for promotional purposes.
- The Dine Around & Stay in Town Organizing committee will issue Vouchers to Media and VIP participants in order for them to enjoy complimentary meals. Restaurants that receive vouchers from VIPs and Media must send an invoice to BCRFA, 600-890 West Pender, Vancouver, BC V6C 1J9, for reimbursement before April 30, 2018 for the exact value of the vouchers. Vouchers received without an invoice, or after April 30, 2018 will not be reimbursed.
- Accommodation Participants must provide a gift certificate for one night’s accommodation valid until December 31, 2018.
- There is a trademark on Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria. Participants may not use this term outside of the Dine Around event.Marketing materials such as logos and social media channels will be made available for participants to use as part of their own promotions of the event.
- Restaurants must provide a three course dinner at $20, $30, $40 or $50.Restaurant menus will be vetted by the organizing committee to ensure guests are receiving great value.
- All restaurants will participate in the Menu Launch on January 12, 2018, and must be registered no later than October 15, 2017.
- Dine Around menus must be available during all evening hours of operation to all patrons during the Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria promotion January 19- February 4.
- Taxes, gratuities and alcohol are not included in the Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria price points.
Key Date Summary
Dine Around Critical Path 2018
Gala Launch January 12th
Dine Around & Stay in Town January 19 – February 4
Registration Opens September 15th
Gala Launch tickets on sale September 20th
DASiT 2018 Registration Deadline October 15th
Menu submission deadline November 15th
Website Live November 30th
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to having you participate in this exciting event!
Event Consultant: Helen Welch
email : Helen.Welch@tourismvictoria.com