FEBRUARY 17 – MARCH 5, 2017
Tourism Victoria and the BC Restaurant & Foodservices Association (BCRFA), Victoria Branch, are once again teaming up to organize the popular Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria event. The organizing committee has been hard at work since the end of the 2016 event and in order to keep this event engaging, we would like to introduce a few changes to the program this year.
- Significantly improved Menu Launch event to be held at the Victoria Conference Centre (VCC) on Thursday, February 16, 2017.
- Every restaurant participating in Dine Around will participate in the Launch Event
- Registration will be limited to the first 60 restaurants that register
- All courses must be paired with BC VQA wines
- There is no longer a registration fee to participate in Dine Around and Stay in Town
- We will no longer collect $75 in gift certificates from you; rather we will issue $75 in gift certificates to be redeemed at each restaurant.
- Menus will be submitted as Word Documents, NOT PDF’s as in previous years.
- Participating accommodation partners will offer a rate of $89, $109, $129 and $149.
- Restaurants will offer three course menus costing $20, $30, $40 or $50 per person
- Accommodations offer special room rates $89, $109, $129 or $149
- The event will kick off with the Menu Launch which will feature all restaurants participating Dine Around 2017, the launch will be held on Thursday, February 16, 2017 at the Victoria Conference Centre.
Media & Menu Launch
- February 16, 2017 at the Victoria Conference Centre, Set up from 2:30 – 5:00 pm, Load in and out times will be assigned.
- Media and Menu Launch will be open to the public from 5:00 – 7:30 pm
- In addition to purchased ticketholders, we will have invited guests including media, government representatives and other VIP’s.
- We anticipate a total of 500 guests throughout the event so please plan your menus accordingly.
- All chefs will have to pre-register with details of what they are serving so we limit possible dupliciations.
How to Register:
All registrations will be completed by clicking here
Registration opens October 17, 2016
This year we are will limit to the first 60 restaurants that registered.
Registration must be completed by Thursday, December 15, 2016 in order to benefit from all mentions in our advertising campaigns. If space is available late registration will be accepted until Friday, January 13, 2017 but late registrants may not be noted in all areas of advertisement.
- Menus will be listed on the Dine Around & Stay in Town website with links to a menu that you supply before January 13, 2017
- All courses must be paired with a VQA wine in addition you may choose to pair with a BC Craft Brewery or Cidery product
- Please submit your menu in a word document format so that simple errors can be corrected by our team prior to posting on the website
- Menus will live on the website by January 20, 2017
- Space is limited to 60 restaurants
- Each restaurant will have $75 in gift certificates issued on their behalf to be redeemed at your establishment and will be valid until December 31, 2017.
- Tourism Victoria will link your Dine Around & Stay in Town rate into Jack Rabbit, all bookings will be processed through the Jack Rabbit Reservation System
- Your rates will be live on the website once we have received your gift certificate and your registration fee of $149 is paid in full.
- All participating restaurants must be a member in good standing of both Tourism Victoria and the BCRFA. For Tourism Victoria membership inquiries contact Heidi Mount at 250-414-6999. For BCRFA Membership inquiries please contact Sherri Barkoff or Meagan North at 604-669-2239.
- The Dine Around & Stay in Town Organizing committee will issue $75 in gift certificates (3 x $25) for your restaurant redeemable for dinner and valid from February 17, 2017 to December 31, 2017. Gift certificates for the Dine Around & Stay in Town are used for promotional purposes. Samples of these gift certificates will be provided to you for verification purposes and they will be numerically coded and tracked. You do not need to provide us with your individual gift certificates in 2017, we will create DA specific certificates.
- The Dine Around & Stay in Town Organizing committee will issue Vouchers to Media and VIP participants in order for the them to enjoy complimentary meals. Restaurants that receive vouchers from VIPs and Media must send an invoice to BCRFA, 600 – 890 West Pender, Vancouver, BC V6C 1J9, for reimbursement before April 30, 2017 for the exact value of the vouchers. Vouchers received without an invoice, or after April 30, 2017 will not be reimbursed.
- Accommodation Participants must provide a gift certificate for one night’s accommodation valid until December 31, 2017.
- There is a trademark on Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria. Participants may not use this term outside of the Dine Around event. Marketing materials such as logos and social media channels will be made available for participants to use as part of their own promotions of the event.
- Restaurant must provide a three course dinner at $20, $30, $40 or $50. Restaurant menus will be vetted by the organizing committee to ensure guests are receiving great value.
- All restaurants will participate in the Menu Launch on February 16, 2017 and must be registered no later than December 15, 2016.
- Dine Around menus must be available during all evening hours of operation to all patrons during the Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria promotion February 17 – March 5, 2017.
- Taxes, gratuities and alcohol are not included in the Dine Around & Stay in Town Victoria price points.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to having you participate in the exciting event!
Event consultant: Helen Welch
Dine Around & Stay in Town Menu Launch tickets now available!
Celebrate the CCF’s 50th Anniversary