Is the next BC Restaurant Talks session for you?Jun 15, 2016 bcrfauser01
Hiring, Recruiting and the BC Labour Shortage
Monday June 20 at Granville Island Brewing
Doors open at 8:00 am
Session starts at 8:15 am
If you are looking for answers to any of these questions, please call 604.669.2239 to get your tickets. Only a limited number left.
– Where should I look for new talent?
– What government programs are available to assist with both national and international recruiting efforts?
– What are people looking for when they join a new company?
– How can I keep valuable employees from leaving our organization?
– What positions are currently the hardest to fill?
– What are the big recruiting and staffing mistakes to avoid?
Setting the right employment climate will help us set the tone for solving your staffing problems. After their presentations, our panelists will help you through a direct question and answer period.
This is a unique opportunity as we will have government representatives and industry together under one roof. It’s all about working towards creating innovative solutions to this challenging problem. This is an opportune time to to both gain valuable insights and to put your thoughts to government.
– BCRFA Members – $49 + GST
– Non-Members – $79 + GST
Call 604.669.2239 to order.
BC Restaurant Talk Speaker ProfileJun 15, 2016 bcrfauser01
BC Restaurant Talks June 20, 2016Jun 15, 2016 bcrfauser01
British Columbia Restaurant and Foodservice Association tackles BC Labour Shortage issues.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VANCOUVER, BC – On June 20th, the British Columbia Restaurant and Foodservice Association (BCRFA) will tackle the challenges operators are facing finding qualified staff. The event follows on the success of the inaugural BC Restaurant Talks session on Liquor Licensing.
The 75-minute power session will include presentations on available national and international recruiting solutions and a panel discussion taking on the challenges of labour shortage across restaurant and foodservice. Our speaker panel will include:
– Debbie Yule, Vice President Labour Market Strategy ant go2HR
– Debby Carreau, CEO and Founder of Inspired HR
– Gillian MacGregor, BCRFA HR Industry Advisor;
– Rishi Sharma, Director, Corporate Initiatives and Stakeholder Relations at BC Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training; and
– Shannon Renault, Director, Sector and Project Based Training at BC Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training.
These industry experts will offer attendees a wide range of solutions for recruiting and building stronger teams as well as using non-traditional strategies for targeting new employees.
The session will take place at Granville Island Brewing in Vancouver. The doors open at 8:00 am; session begins at 8:15 am. Each attendee will receive a BC Restaurant Regulations Made Simple Manual and will be entered to win a door prize from series sponsor, Sysco Vancouver.
Interested attendees can register for the series by calling 604-669-2239 and gain more information by visiting the website at bcrestauranttalks.ca. BCRFA members price is $49 + GST, non-member price is $79 + GST.