The BCRFA’s Dual Intent Program
Are you interested in helping skilled workers come to Canada?
The BC Restaurant and Foodservices Association might just have what you are looking for.
The Express Entry Dual Intent program is a pathway to permanent immigration to Canada. It allows skilled foreign workers to apply for a 24 month, temporary work permit while having a permanent residency application in process.
This program allows BC restaurants to fill jobs that require experienced individuals. In return, skilled workers get the support of their employer while they pursue permanent residency status.
As per the immigration regulations for the dual entry program, all foreign workers must have a culinary diploma or hospitality management education in their field of work, and 5 years experience in the role they are applying for in Canada. In addition, the foreign worker is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by undergoing IELTS exam.
Benefits of hiring under Express Entry Dual Intent program for skilled jobs:
- Streamlined application process governed by experts in the field.
- We screen all applicants and ensure the foreign workers have all the necessary training, qualifications, and experience to perform the work in Canada.
- The number of applications is not capped, you can apply for as many workers as you require.
- The wages you offer the candidates is the median wage in your area.
- A minimum of 30 hours per week must be guaranteed.
- No need to provide accommodation or travel costs.
The BCRFA program is unique:
- We have teamed up with Brij Rathi Consultancy to bring you the best possible resources for hiring foreign workers. The consultants explain and provide advice on the temporary foreign worker program that fits your needs.
- We advertise and recruit on your behalf.
- We complete and submit the application form and all required documents.
- We communicate with ESDC/services Canada on the employer’s behalf and represent the employer during the application process.
- Our team are members are in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. They are undergoing the recent BC certification process and will be certified under the new code when it comes into force.
The positions you can hire under this program are:
- Line cooks, first cooks and second cooks.
- Restaurants supervisors and managers.
- Banquet supervisors and managers.
- Event coordinators, any other hospitality supervisor roles.
- All of the candidates have at least five years experience in high volume restaurants and hotels. Training can then be focused on a specific position, workplace familiarity, and orientation, rather than basic job training.
- $1800 plus tax per worker includes the government’s $1000 Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) fee.
- Processing time: 4-5 months.
- Initial work visa is 24 months.
- 24 to 30 months subject to the applications for permanent residency for the Express Entry program.
- Our comprehensive recruitment system and rigorous screening process ensure you get the right person for the role.