BCRFA INDUSTRY NEWS
The BCRFA was appointed to the Hicken Technical Liquor Review Panel. This is the link to the report…Business Technical Advisory Panel (Liquor Policy) Report and Recommendations.
Further to that report, Deloitte is doing an independent review of the ’spec product’ system. They will make recommendations to government on how this broken system should be fixed. Please take 10 mins and complete the survey below. Your input is critical
Ever wondered what our CEO is up to and wants to see him in person?
This Wednesday 29th May, Ian Tostenson will be presenting at the Business in Vancouver discussion on Ride Sharing. He’s the spokesperson for Ridesharing in BC and is passionate about how ridesharing can be beneficial to local restaurants and provide opportunities to connect you with new customers and new employees. Come see how the panel sees the future with Ride Sharing:
1181 Seymour St.
Vancouver BC V6B 3N3
Wednesday May 29
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Registration
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Panel Discussion
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Networking Reception (one drink and hosted appetizers included in your ticket price)
604-608-5160 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The BC Restaurant Hall of Fame was established to recognize individuals in the restaurant industry who have made significant contributions to the BC restaurant scene and have helped shape it into the incredible experience it is today.
Our goal is to pay tribute to individuals, past or present, who have shaped the vibrant culinary industry in British Columbia.
The first restaurant Hall of Fame in Canada, the BC Restaurant Hall of Fame was conceived in 2004 and the first groups of inductees were honoured in March of 2005. This year BC Restaurant & Food Services Association (BCRFA) will recognize outstanding individuals from British Columbia’s hospitality industry at a gala evening on Monday, October 7, 2019.
Below is a list of categories please submit your nominations before Friday, May 24, 2019 at 5 pm.
To see a list of previous inductees view online here: BC Restaurant Hall of Fame
- Active Restaurateur Award — Celebrates the exceptional restaurateur who is currently active in the BC restaurant industry.
- Front of the House and Back of the House – These awards recognize an individual who through their contribution to the front of the house guest experience or to the back of the house culinary experience – has made a significant impression on the BC restaurant community.
- The Industry Award – An individual – retired or deceased – who is or has been a chef, server, manager, bartender or marketer and who demonstrated exceptional professionalism working in and promoting the restaurant industry. These individuals will be recognized for making their restaurant a special experience for customers through their lifetime of work.
- Leading Employer – An active restaurateur who is a leader in increasing the visibility of, and the profile of, careers in restaurants. The individual will be recognized for creating a workplace that is welcoming, treats employees with the utmost respect and fosters an environment for recognition and growth in the workplace.
- Supplier Award — An individual who, through their work as a supplier partner, has consistently supported BC’s restaurant industry. This year, the award will have a special focus on BC craft producers including farmers, brewers, winemakers or distillers that have raised the bar in local craft product and who showcase the best of the province in their offerings.
- Local Champion – An individual who is or has been a leader in supporting local BC food and beverage throughout their career. The individual will be recognized for making their restaurant a special experience for customers because of the ingredients they select, the farmers they work with and the pride of place that is celebrated through their creations.
- Friend of the Industry Award — This special recognition award is presented from time to time to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the hospitality industry in British Columbia, such as media, educator or politician.
CLOSE OF NOMINATIONS FRIDAY MAY 24, 2019.
To purchase tickets (including a table of 8) email us at Hall of Fame Gala
Inquiries and to learn more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ian Tostenson, President & CEO, 604.669.2239.